1. About Registry Australia
- Welcome to Registry Australia Pty Ltd (‘Registry’). We provide Website Domain Name Registration, Website and Email Hosting Services (‘Services’).
- You understand that Registry.com.au (or its operator Registry Australia Pty Ltd) is a retail domain name reseller service. We do not have the sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement of AusRegistry, Afilias or any other wholesale domain name registry or registrar. We are a reseller of an auDA Accredited Australian Domain Name Registrar; Synergy Wholesale. This website is owned and operated by Registry Australia Pty Ltd.
- This website is operated by Registry Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 34 625 637 023). Access to and use of this website, or any of its associated Products or Services, is provided by Registry Australia. Please read these terms and conditions (‘Terms’) carefully. By using, browsing and/or reading this website, this signifies that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree with the Terms, you must cease usage of the website, or any of our Services, immediately.
- Registry Australia reserves the right to review and change any of the Terms by updating this page at its sole discretion. When Registry Australia updates the Terms, it will use reasonable endeavours to provide you with notice of updates to the Terms. Any changes to the Terms take immediate effect from the date of their publication. Before you continue, we recommend you keep a copy of these Terms for your records.
2. Acceptance of our Terms
- You accept the Terms by remaining on the website. You may also accept the Terms by clicking to accept or agree to the Terms where this option is made available to you by Registry Australia in the user interface.
- Registration to use the Services
- In order to access our Services, you must first register for an account through the website (‘Account’).
- As part of the registration process, or as part of your continued use of our Services, you may be required to provide personal information about yourself (such as identification or contact details), including:
- an email address
- a mailing address
- a telephone number
- You warrant that any information you give to Registry Australia in the course of completing the registration process will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
- Once you have completed the registration process, you will be a registered member of the Website (‘Member’) and agree to be bound by the Terms.
- You may not use the Services and may not accept the Terms if:
- you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with Registry Australia; or
- you are a person barred from receiving the Services under the laws of Australia or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Services.
3. Your obligations as a Member
- As a Member, you agree to comply with the following:
- you will use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by:
- the Terms; and
- any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions;
- you have the sole responsibility for protecting the confidentiality of your password and/or email address. Use of your password by any other person may result in the immediate cancellation of the Services;
- any use of your registration information by any other person, or third parties, is strictly prohibited. You agree to immediately notify Registry Australia of any unauthorised use of your password or email address or any breach of security of which you have become aware;
- access and use of the Website is limited, non-transferable and allows for the sole use of the Website by you for the purposes of Registry Australia providing the Services;
- you will not use the Services or the Website in connection with any commercial endeavours except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by the management of Registry Australia;
- you will not use the Services or Website for any illegal and/or unauthorised use which includes collecting email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorised framing of or linking to the Website;
- you agree that commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from the Website without notice and may result in termination of the Services. Appropriate legal action will be taken by Registry Australia for any illegal or unauthorised use of the Website; and
- you acknowledge and agree that any automated use of the Website or its Services is prohibited.
- Where the option is given to you, you may make payment for the Services (the ‘Services Fee’) by way of Credit Card Payment (‘Credit Card’) or BPAY Payment (‘BPay’)
- All Credit Card payments made in the course of your use of the Services are made using Stripe (‘Stripe’). In using the Website, the Services or when making any payment in relation to your use of the Services, you warrant that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Stripe terms and conditions which are available on their website.
- You acknowledge and agree that where a request for the payment of the Services Fee is returned or denied, for whatever reason, by your financial institution or is unpaid by you for any other reason, then you are liable for any costs, including banking fees and charges, associated with the Services Fee.
- Upon provision of a credit card account, you give us authorisation to automatically debit your credit card for all charges on issuance of a valid invoice, unless you have formally requested to terminate our services, as listed below in our Termination Of Services section.
- You agree and acknowledge that Registry Australia can vary the Services Fee at any time.
5. Refund Policy
- Registry Australia will only provide you with a refund of the Services Fee in the event we are unable to continue to provide the Services or if the Director of Registry Australia makes a decision, at its absolute discretion, that it is reasonable to do so under the circumstances (‘Refund’), or if you request a refund during the initial 30-day money back guarantee period.
6. Domain Name Registration
- We do not warrant or guarantee that the domain name applied for will be registered in your name or is capable of being registered by you. Accordingly, you should take no action in respect of your requested domain name(s) until you have been notified that your requested domain name has been registered.If your application is deemed fraudulent through a fraud detection and prevention mechanism in the domain registration process, we may require the registering party to supply Photo Identification to verify their identity. Accepted Photo Identification methods are Passport or current Drivers License.
- Both the registration of the domain name and its ongoing use are subject to the relevant naming authority’s terms and conditions of use and you are responsible for ensuring that you are aware of those terms and conditions and can and do comply with them. You irrevocably waive any claims you may have against us in respect of the decision of a naming authority to refuse to register a domain name and, without limitation agree that the administration charge paid by you to us shall be non-refundable in any event.
- We accept no responsibility in respect of the use of a domain name by you and any dispute between you and any other individual or organisation regarding a domain name must be resolved between the parties concerned and we will take no part in any such dispute. We reserve the right, on our becoming aware of such a dispute, at our sole discretion and without giving any reason, to either suspend or cancel the domain name, and/or to make appropriate representations to the relevant naming authority.
- Registrant agreements
- .com.au and .net.au domains can only be registered by an Australian registered company, or business with a registered business number (ABN, BRN, BN). You will need to supply this number during the order process. The domain name you order will need to be an exact match, acronym or abbreviation of the supplied business registration, or it should bear a close and substantial connection to the domain name. Domains can be two to 63 letters in length. Words can be separated by hyphens but not spaces. View the .au Domain Registrant Agreement.org.au and .asn.au can only be registered by a “non-commercial organisation”. The domain name you register needs to have a solid relationship to the organisation to which it represents.View the .au Domain Registrant Agreement
- .id.au is intended for individuals who reside in Australia. It can be an exact match, abbreviation or acronym of registrant’s personal name or otherwise closely connected to the registrant. View the .au Domain Registrant Agreement
- Registrants rights and responsibilities
- All Registrars or Resellers, including Registry Australia, are bound by the 2009 Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA) between ICANN and it’s accredited registrars. We encourage all domain registrants to read this document and understand your rights and responsibilities for domain registrations: Registrants Rights and Responsibilities.
- Domain Privacy Services
- All whois privacy applications are subject to the relevant requirements and policies and are based on your agreement to the terms of these services upon sign-up. By applying for and using Whois Privacy Services either directly or through a third party of private registry authority, you understand and agree to all policies, both provided and referred by Registry Australia.
7. Copyright and Intellectual Property
- The Website, the Services and all of the related products of Registry Australia are subject to copyright. The material on the Website is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and through international treaties. Unless otherwise indicated, all rights (including copyright) in the Services and compilation of the Website (including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips, Website, code, scripts, design elements and interactive features) or the Services are owned or controlled for these purposes, and are reserved by Registry Australia.
- All trademarks, service marks and trade names are owned, registered and/or licensed by Registry Australia, who grants to you a worldwide, non- exclusive, royalty-free, revocable license whilst you are a Member to:
- use the Website pursuant to the Terms;
- copy and store the Website and the material contained in the Website in your device’s cache memory; and
- print pages from the Website for your own personal and non-commercial use. Registry Australia does not grant you any other rights whatsoever in relation to the Website or the Services. All other rights are expressly reserved by Registry Australia.
- Registry Australia retains all rights, title and interest in and to the Website and all related Services. Nothing you do on or in relation to the Website will transfer any:
- business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark, industrial design, patent, registered design or copyright, or
- a right to use or exploit a business , trading name, domain name, trade mark or industrial design, or
- a thing, system or process that is the subject of a patent, registered design or copyright (or an adaptation or modification of such a thing, system or process), to you.
- You may not, without the prior written permission of Registry Australia and the permission of any other relevant rights owners: broadcast, republish, up-load to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the Services or third party Services for any purpose, unless otherwise provided by these Terms. This prohibition does not extend to materials on the Website which are freely available for re-use or are in the public domain.
- General Disclaimer
- Nothing in the Terms limits or excludes any guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions implied or imposed by law, including the Australian Consumer Law (or any liability under them) which by law may not be limited or excluded.
- Subject to this clause, and to the extent permitted by law:
- all terms, guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions which are not expressly stated in the Terms are excluded; and
- Registry Australia will not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (unless such loss or damage is reasonably foreseeable resulting from our failure to meet an applicable Consumer Guarantee), loss of profit or opportunity, or damage to goodwill arising out of or in connection with the Services or these Terms (including as a result of not being able to use the Services or the late supply of the Services), whether at common law, under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, pursuant to statute or otherwise.
- Use of the Website and the Services is at your own risk. Everything on the Website and the Services is provided to you “as is” and “as available” without warranty or condition of any kind. None of the affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contributors and licensors of Registry Australia make any express or implied representation or warranty about the Services or any products or Services (including the products or Services of Registry Australia) referred to on the Website. This includes (but is not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of any of the following:
- failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records;
- the accuracy, suitability or currency of any information on the Website, the Services, or any of its Services related products (including third party material and advertisements on the Website);
- costs incurred as a result of you using the Website, the Services or any of the products of Registry Australia; and
- the Services or operation in respect to links which are provided for your convenience.
9. Limitation of liability
- Registry Australia’s total liability arising out of or in connection with the Services or these Terms, however arising, including under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute or otherwise, will not exceed the resupply of the Services to you.
- You expressly understand and agree that Registry Australia, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors and licensors shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability. This shall include, but is not limited to, any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation and any other intangible loss.
- We shall use reasonable endeavours to provide continuing availability of the Server and the Services but we shall not, in any event, be liable for Service interruptions or down time of the Server.
- In no event will we be liable to you for loss of data, or the inability to retrieve data, resulting from or incidental to the use of a Service.
10. Termination of Contract
- The Terms will continue to apply until terminated by either you or by Registry Australia as set out below.
- If you want to terminate the Terms, you may do so by:
- providing Registry Australia with 30 days advance notice of your intention to terminate; and
- closing your accounts for all of the services which you use, where Registry Australia has made this option available to you. Your notice should be sent, in writing, to Registry Australia via the ‘Contact’ link on our homepage.
- Registry Australia may at any time, terminate the Terms with you if:
- you have breached any provision of the Terms or intend to breach any provision;
- Registry Australia is required to do so by law;
- the provision of the Services to you by Registry Australia is, in the opinion of Registry Australia, no longer commercially viable.
- Subject to local applicable laws, Registry Australia reserves the right to discontinue or cancel your membership at any time and may suspend or deny, in its sole discretion, your access to all or any portion of the Website or the Services without notice if you breach any provision of the Terms or any applicable law or if your conduct impacts Registry Australia’s name or reputation or violates the rights of those of another party.
- If you wish to terminate your account with Registry Australia, you must do so by completing a request to the billing department via your client area, otherwise your account will be automatically renewed for the same subscription period and you will be liable for, and immediately invoiced upon the commencement of, such additional subscription period. Specifically, Registry Australia will not accept verbal instructions to terminate an account. To submit the cancellation form, login to the client area, select tab ‘Support Tickets’ then create a new ticket to the billing department.
- Registry Australia does not offer refunds or credits for new purchases in the event of termination or cancellation of these services, unless the cancellation request has been made during the first 30-day money back guarantee period, when you made the first initial payment for the services.
- In the event of customer requested cancellation of a renewed service, Registry Australia will complete the cancellation request to your service at the first available opportunity, however we acknowledge the date of lodgement of the cancellation request as the date of cancellation. Services are required to be cancelled prior to renewal, for cancellations submitted after the scheduled date of renewal there are no credits and no refunds.
- You agree to indemnify Registry Australia, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers and licensors from and against:
- all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred, suffered or arising out of or in connection with Your Content;
- any direct or indirect consequences of you accessing, using or transacting on the Website or attempts to do so; and/or
- any breach of the Terms.
12. Dispute Resolution
- If a dispute arises out of or relates to the Terms, either party may not commence any Tribunal or Court proceedings in relation to the dispute, unless the following clauses have been complied with (except where urgent interlocutory relief is sought).
- A party to the Terms claiming a dispute (‘Dispute’) has arisen under the Terms, must give written notice to the other party detailing the nature of the dispute, the desired outcome and the action required to settle the Dispute.
- On receipt of that notice (‘Notice’) by that other party, the parties to the Terms (‘Parties’) must:
- Within 7 days of the Notice endeavour in good faith to resolve the Dispute expeditiously by negotiation or such other means upon which they may mutually agree;
- If for any reason whatsoever, 7 days after the date of the Notice, the Dispute has not been resolved, the Parties must either agree upon selection of a mediator or request that an appropriate mediator be appointed by Australian Domain Administration body (auDA).
- The Parties are equally liable for the fees and reasonable expenses of a mediator and the cost of the venue of the mediation and without limiting the foregoing undertake to pay any amounts requested by the mediator as a pre-condition to the mediation commencing. The Parties must each pay their own costs associated with the mediation;
- The mediation will be held in Perth, Australia.
- All communications concerning negotiations made by the Parties arising out of and in connection with this dispute resolution clause are confidential and to the extent possible, must be treated as “without prejudice” negotiations for the purpose of applicable laws of evidence.
- Termination of Mediation:
- If 30 days have elapsed after the start of a mediation of the Dispute and the Dispute has not been resolved, either Party may ask the mediator to terminate the mediation and the mediator must do so.
13. Venue and Jurisdiction
- The Services offered by Registry Australia is intended to be viewed by residents of Australia. In the event of any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Website, you agree that the exclusive venue for resolving any dispute shall be in the courts of Western Australia, Australia.
14. Governing Law
- The Terms are governed by the laws of Western Australia, Australia. Any dispute, controversy, proceeding or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to the Terms and the rights created hereby shall be governed, interpreted and construed by, under and pursuant to the laws of Western Australia, Australia, without reference to conflict of law principles, notwithstanding mandatory rules. The validity of this governing law clause is not contested. The Terms shall be binding to the benefit of the parties hereto and their successors and assigns.
15. Independent Legal Advice
- Both parties confirm and declare that the provisions of the Terms are fair and reasonable and both parties having taken the opportunity to obtain independent legal advice and declare the Terms are not against public policy on the grounds of inequality or bargaining power or general grounds of restraint of trade.
- If any part of these Terms is found to be void or unenforceable by a Court of competent jurisdiction, that part shall be severed and the rest of the Terms shall remain in force.